To our West Park Families,
Welcome to a school that has a long history of excellence and traditions. Let me tell you a little about what West Park is...
- Child centered
- A positive, welcoming, safe environment
- Successful students, meeting high expectations
- Building relationships with students, staff, families, community, and others
- Taking PRIDE in West Park’s accomplishments and traditions
West Park Elementary serves approximately 615 students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Instruction is focused on the needs of the student and curriculum standards are used to measure student achievement. We are “serving the needs of all children with rigorous program choices, high expectations, mutual respect, and excellence in all endeavors.”
West Park's mission is to Engage ALL students in higher levels of learning.
Goals of Hermiston School District & West Park Elementary!
1. Annually, 90% of HSD students will meet individual growth targets, as measured by the Oregon State Report Card (grades 3-11) and DIBELS/easyCBM assessment systerm (grades K-2).
2. Maintain sound fiscal stewardship of community resources consistent with board policies.
3. Annually increase postsecondary accessions by 3 percent, as measured by the number of students choosing collegiate (two year or four year programs), vocational, apprenticeship or military training immediately following high school.
Our partnering with parents to meet these goals is vital to the success of our students. We have made some improvements that show the Pride Inside. We would love to have more parent involvement in our Site Council. We do have a PTO at West Park that helps with functions, activities, and fund-raising efforts for our students.
Please volunteer and be a part of the PRIDE inside!